Guidelines / Instructions for Contributors
BURJIS is a bi-annual trilingual (Arabic, English, Urdu) research journal in Islamic Studies of the University of Science & Technology, Bannu, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan. Some important instructions for researchers are as under.
1. BURJIS welcomes original contributions of researchers in all branches of Islamic Sciences and introduction & biography of eminent scholars and commentary on Islamic books.
2. BURJIS will be published twice in year (June & December).
3. Contributors will be required to guarantee that the manuscript presented to BURJIS has not been submitted to any journal for publication and nor published anywhere else.
4. The article should be in accordance with the research principles of HEC and well standard.
5. Contributors will be required to ensure that a submitted article to BURJIS is free of plagiarism and errors & omissions have been avoided.
6. Contributors are required to compose their article on one side of A4 size paper and not be more than 20 pages.
7. The article should be composed in 12 font size with single space, 1 inch margins and must be saved in MS-Word 2007 format. Notes referred to in the text should be typed in the same font size, numbered and provided at the end of the article.
8. The first page of the submission should include title of the article, the author's name, institutional affiliation, and email address. The pages of the typescript should be numbered in consecutive sequence.
9. Abstract in English no more than 250 words summarizing the primary arguments(s) and finding(s) should be included at the beginning of the article.
10. Three hard copies of the article are required to be submitted to BURJIS, preferably along with its CD or sent by E-mail.
11. References should be numbered consecutively. In general, all citations should follow the Chicago Manual of Style. While referring to a book, author’s name, book’s name, publisher’s name, place and year of publication and then page No/Volume No should be clearly mentioned. The given example should be followed.
Ibn-e-Kathir,Tafseer Al-Quran Al-Azeem, Dar-e-Sader,Beirut,1354 HD,01/212
12. Loanwords accepted in English usage should be spelled in accordance with the standard dictionaries. Other foreign words must confirm to the transliteration system shown in the transliteration table of the BURJIS, which is based on that used by Islamic Studies (Islamabad) except for Pashto.
13. Copyright laws shall be applied in accordance with the HEC’ laws.
14. Editorial Board reserves the rights of necessary changes/amendments and cancellation in the articles sent to BURJIS. Responsibility for the opinions expressed in the articles and for the accuracy of the stated facts however rests solely with the author’s and not with the Editor/Editorial Board. While the decision of the Editorial Board regarding publishing the article will be final.
15. Every research article will be forwarded to two nominated referees for peer review and will be published after the approval of the concerned experts.
16. As per HEC policy the Editor of this journal has reserves the rights to appoint/add or revise the editorial/advisory board for a specific duration.
Note: All editorial correspondence should be addressed to:
Dr. Abdul Qadoos
Department of Islamic Studies & Research,
University of Science & Technology, Bannu,